top of page

No Fixed Address

If you don’t have a permanent home, you have the same right to enrol and vote as every other Australian citizen.


You are eligible to enrol as a itinerant voter if you are:

  • 18 years or older

  • An Australian citizen or a British subject who was on a Commonwealth roll on 25 January 1984

  • Itinerant and don’t have a real place of living. That is a place to which you intend to return to live, even if you are temporarily living somewhere else, or

  • Homeless. If you are living in crisis or transitional accommodation or if you have inadequate access to safe and secure housing.

How do I enrol?

If you do not have a home or you are living in temporary accommodation you can enrol as a voter with no fixed address. The No Fixed Address enrolment form is available or request it from any Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) office.

Will I get fined if I don’t enrol?

You will not be fined if you haven’t enrolled or voted in the past. The AEC wants to help every eligible Australian to enrol and vote.

Will my details be made public?

Your details won’t be available on the public electoral roll if you enrol as a voter with no fixed address.

Need help?

AEC staff can help you with your enrolment and voting questions. Call them on 13 23 26 or visit


bottom of page